Slab Leak Detection - Foundation Leak Repair
Homes in Houston built on concrete slabs are vulnerable to shift, particularly when there isn’t much rain.
Plumbing lines buried beneath slabs are vulnerable to the shifting soil. If the soil moves too much, plumbing lines can develop leaks. A slow leak beneath a home can cause the soil to shift more, which can make the leak worse. That makes early leak detection essential.
In severe cases, the slab and flooring can erupt and flood every room on the ground floor, ruining floor coverings, furniture and appliances. When that happens, foundation repair is only one of several serious problems.
Also, a leak beneath the slab can erode the soil and cause the slab to cave in. When the slab fails, its weight breaks the plumbing lines beneath, causing a rush of water into the home.
We would much rather locate a suspected leak than to do major repair work afterward. But how do you know when to call us?
You may need leak detection if:
- Your water bill increases for no apparent reason
- You hear the sound of water running when no taps are open
- You see foundation cracks
- Grass of foundation plants grow unevenly
- There is a visible shift in the soil around your home
- You have warm spots on slab floors
- You have discolored floor coverings, such as darkened hardwood
- You smell bad odors coming from floors or walls
Early Leak Detection Can Save You Thousands of Dollars
Abacus Plumbing recommends an annual plumbing inspection to detect leaks which can turn into potential disasters. Our licensed plumbers will perform a white glove inspection on your home’s plumbing system and fixtures, including a water pressure test. Low pressure may indicate a leak.
With an Abacus Club membership, you stand to save a lot of money on needlessly high water bills, and avoid possibly having to spend tens of thousands of dollars on foundation repair and restoring a flooded home. To have a licensed Abacus plumber come to your home, call us today at 832-554-9951 or contact us online.
- We service all makes & models