Special Treat For Your Amazing Mom?
Mom’s special day should be unique, just for her and her family. Because every Mom and her family are different. But, what can a family plan for a one-of-a-kind day in addition to a beautiful bouquet. 365 Things To Do In Houston has some ideas. Lots of them. From restaurants to art, history and nature. Here’s is a partial list. Visit the website to see the complete list.
Find amazing brunch, event & gift ideas for Mother’s Day 2017
Scope our top picks for delicious meals, events and sweet gestures to help better celebrate mom this Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 14, 2017.
Show her the appreciation she deserves this Mother’s Day with our round up of top event ideas and festivities from the start of the weekend up to that special Sunday.
Mother’s Day 2017 Festivities & Events
- Mother’s Day Crafts at The Backyard Grill | Wednesday, May 10 – Bring the kiddos to make crafty gifts for mom for Mother’s Day at The Backyard Grill. Kids eat free from 5pm to closing time. 6pm to 8pm.
- DASH Spring Market at Silver Street Studios | Friday, May 12 to Sunday, May 14 – Shop for unique home décor on Mother’s Day weekend at the Dash Spring Market at Silver Street Studios. Enjoy live music, multiple vendors, brunch, and mimosas all under one roof. Tickets are $10. Friday and Saturday 10am to 5pm; Sunday 10am to 4pm.
- Midtown Mother’s Day Market at Bagby Park | Friday, May 12 | FREE to Attend – Pick up a gift for mom from selected artists and vendors at the first annual Midtown Mother’s Day Market at Bagby Park. 11am to 7pm.
- Flower-Palooza at Pop Shop America Boutique | Saturday, May 13 | FREE to Attend – The 3rd Annual FlowerPalooza is back just in time for Mother’s Day at Pop Shop America Boutique. Shop stylish indoor gardens like terrariums, flower crowns, and otherworldly florals that you won’t find anywhere else. 10am to 5pm.
- I Love You Berry Much: A Mother’s Day Celebration at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Saturday, May 13 – Mothers and children can enjoy a delicious and refreshing berry lemonade with a cookie while creating a keepsake piece of art for Mother’s Day at The Woodlands Children’s Museum. Cost is $5 per person in addition to the cost of admission, which is $6 for adults and children one and older. 10am to 2pm.
- Mother’s Day Weekend at Bayou Bend | Saturday, May 13 and Sunday, May 14 – Relax with a complimentary lemonade and cookies while enjoying the beautiful grounds and house in the heart of the historic River Oaks District. As a special bonus, attendees can enjoy a musical performance by Ars Lyrica in the Diana Garden at 2:30pm on both days. Bayou Bend will offer special holiday pricing and amenities for Mother’s Day where mothers and grandmothers will get in free. $10 for adults; $5 for ages 10 to 17; free for ages 9 and younger. 1pm to 4pm each day.
- Mother’s Day Flower Arrangement Demonstrations at Memorial City | Saturday, May 13 | FREE to Attend – Learn how to arrange a bouquet of flowers with the Houston School of Flowers just in time for Mother’s Day at The Square at Memorial City Mall. 2:30pm to 4:30pm.
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s screening at Alamo Drafthouse Mason Park | Sunday, May 14 – See the radiant Audrey Hepburn as Holly Golightly in the classic film, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, while enjoying a special Mother’s Day Brunch at Alamo Drafthouse Mason Park. Tickets are $43 and include both the food and movie. 11am.
- Mama is a Rocker Fest at Last Concert Cafe | Sunday, May 14 – Rock out at Mama Is a Rocker Fest and enjoy live music, work from local artists, vendors and more at Last Concert Cafe. A percentage of funds raised will go towards helping Survivors Of Domestic Violence. Cover charge at the door. 7pm to 10pm.
Mother’s Day 2017 Brunch
Sunday, May 14
- Churrascos – Take mom out to any Churrascos location for their classic South American brunch menu including pollo ajillo, Peruvian beef tenderloin and more. All moms receive a $20 dining certificate for future use. $39.95 per person. 9am to 4pm.
- Main Kitchen – Make your way to the Main Kitchen restaurant for Mother’s Day and enjoy a brunch that includes eggs benedict, chicken and waffles, and a complimentary mimosa for mom. Menu items will be sold a la carte. 10am.
- The Dunlavy – Treat your mom, aunt or mother figure to a special brunch menu on the bayou in the chandelier-lit dining room at The Dunlavy. $65 per person, $12 for children 12 and under. 10am to 3pm.
- Brady’s Landing Restaurant – Bring mom to this Champagne Buffet where you can choose from made to order omelettes, a seafood bar, desserts and more at Brady’s Landing Restaurant. $45.95 for adults and $22.95 for children. 10am to 3pm.
- Four Seasons Hotel Houston – Quattro at the Four Seasons Hotel will host an impressive Mother’s Day brunch where guests will enjoy an extensive buffet of over 90 items. $98 for adults; $49 for kids. 10am to 3pm.
- Broken Barrel – Bring the family to enjoy a special Mother’s Day menu including ceviche, smoked salmon, banana bread and more at Broken Barrel in The Woodlands. Menu items will be sold a la carte. 10am to 3pm.
- Harold’s Restaurant & Tap Room – The Southern and Creole restaurant in the Heights will feature a special menu featuring classic shrimp étouffée and rice, crispy eggplant with spicy tomato stew, fruit tartlets, complimentary mimosas and more. $45 per person. 10am.
- Lucille’s – Delight in Southern cuisine at Lucille’s in the heart of the Museum District with a special Mother’s Day Brunch menu while enjoying live music. Choose from menu items such as crab cake benedict, shrimp and grits, croissant french toast, mimosas and more. Menu items will be sold a la carte. 10am to 3pm.
- Pico’s – Celebrate this holiday with traditional Mexican cuisine at Pico’s Restaurant. Special brunch menu items will include tres chiles roasted prime rib, whole serrano ham, assorted moles, menudo soup and more. $45 for adults; $29 for seniors ages 65 and up; $18 for children ages 6 to 12; children 6 and under eat free. 10am to 4pm.
- Le Bistro – The French restaurant located in the Culinary Institute LeNôtre, Le Bistro, celebrates Mother’s Day with a brunch buffet including 5 chef stations. $55 per person. Half price for children 12 and under; kids 5 and under eat free. 10:30am to 3:30pm.
- SaltAir Seafood – This Jazz Brunch will feature $1 Gulf and $2 East Coast Oysters along with other seafood menu items and live music from the jazz band, The Trade Entertainment at SaltAir Seafood. Menu items will be sold a la carte. 10:30am to 3pm.
- Mo’s Irish Pub Vintage Park – Feast with the family at this Irish-style buffet featuring Irish eggs, an omelet station, prime rib, Bailey’s french toast and more at Mo’s Irish Pub in Vintage Park. $25.95 for adults; $12.95 for children ages 4 to 12; children 3 and under eat free. 10:30am to 3pm.
- Mi Luna – Enjoy a cocktail and a Spanish tapas brunch buffet with the family for Mother’s Day at Mi Luna in Rice Village. $35 for adults; $12 for children ages 4 to 8; children 3 and under eat free. 11am to 4pm.
- Brasserie du Parc – This French brasserie will be offering a delicious three-course brunch which will include dishes like Oeufs Mimosa Au Crabe (deviled eggs, crab meat, and greens), Risotto Aux Légumes De Printemps (spring vegetables risotto, mascarpone, aged parmesan, and truffle oil) and more. $46 per person. 11am to 3pm.
- Etoile Cuisine et Bar – Guests will have a choice of several appetizers, entrees and desserts including Bisque De Homard (lobster bisque) , Gigot D’Agneau Rôti (roasted leg of lamb) and Tarte Au Citron (lemon tart). $62 per person. 11am to 3pm.
- Frank’s Americana Revival – This special Mother’s Day menu will feature original menu items plus new dishes such as Migas, chicken and Johnny cakes, a chipotle shrimp torta, and more at Frank’s Americana Revival. Menu items will be sold a la carte. 11am.
Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse – Delight mom on her special day with a variety of succulent flame roasted meats at this Brazilian Steakhouse. Other menu items include fried plantains, buttery garlic mashed potatoes, fried polenta, and Brazilian cocktails. $52.50 for brunch; $25.50 for salad bar only; $26.50 for kids. Noon to 2:30pm.
Abacus Plumbing, Air Conditioning & Electrical is a full service residential contractor that has been serving the greater Houston area for over 50 years. Abacus is a member of the Greater Houston Chamber of Commerce and has an A+ rating on the Better Business Bureau of Houston. Abacus is licensed and insured and offers 24/7 emergency service. To learn more about Abacus Air Conditioning, Plumbing & Electrical, visit www.abacusplumbing.net or call 713-766-3605. License Numbers: ALAN O'NEILL M-20628 | TACLB82488E | TECL 39119
Abacus Plumbing, Air Conditioning & Electrical services the greater DFW area including, but not limited to: Houston, Humble, Baytown, Bellaire, Conroe, Katy, Spring, Sugar Land, The Woodlands and more. Check out Abacus Plumbing, Air Conditioning & Electrical reviews or see Abacus A+ BBB to confirm Abacus is a company you can trust.