Holocaust Museum Houston, One of the most visited museums ever
The Holocaust Museum Houston is located in the Museum District of Houston, Texas, in the United States. The Holocaust Memorial Museum, which opened in 1996, is the fourth largest in the United States.
Education is a significant focus of the Holocaust Museum Houston. The Holocaust Museum Houston’s Education Department is housed at the Boniuk Centre, which has four classrooms, staff offices, storage spaces, and a library.
Facilities you will get here: –
- Welcome to the Morgan Family Welcome Centre
The Morgan Family Welcome Centre, which includes an orientation film and display materials in English and Spanish, will be the Museum’s initial entry point for visitors.
- A Community Remembers: Bearing Witness
The permanent Holocaust Gallery features objects provided by survivors, their descendants, liberators, and other collectors and testimony from Holocaust survivors who eventually moved to the Houston area. The Warsaw Ghetto Uprising, prisoner revolts, sabotage, the partisan movement, displaced person camps, and life after the Holocaust are all covered in the show.
- Two Galleries that Change
Two rotating galleries for art and photography exhibits are also available at the Museum. The Central Gallery is, of course, in the heart of the Museum’s structure. The Josef and Edith Mincberg Gallery is a larger space accommodating larger exhibitions. The rotating exhibits supplement and expand on the themes explored in the permanent galleries.
Facts to know about this place: –
- Holocaust Museum Houston Engines of Change Student Ambassador Program introduces Houston-area high school students to Holocaust history and enables them to better understand current issues and develop their own informed opinions and voices.
- The new Human Rights Gallery will feature educational displays of all UN-recognized genocides as well as tributes to international human rights leaders, including Malala Yousafzai and Martin Luther King Jr. The exhibition encourages visitors to engage with one another and the outside world, to understand their calling relative to these social ills and the choices.
- Holocaust Museum Houston, Lester, and Sue Smith Campus received an expanded facility in the Houston Museum District in June 2019 after a $34 million expansion of its original building.