Drain Cleaning And Maintenance In Houston Homeowners
A drain cleaner and maintenance is a chemical-based consumer product that unblocks sewer pipes or helps to prevent the occurrence of clogged drains. The term may also refer to the individual who uses performs the activity with chemical drain cleaners or devices known as plumber’s snake.
Drain cleaning is something that everyone should learn to do, as it will save money and time in the long run. When drains become clogged due to neglect, it can become expensive.
One of the most common problems reported to plumbers by homeowners is that the dishwasher is not draining. While it can be scary to open the dishwasher door and see standing water in the bottom, it isn’t always a plumbing emergency. In fact, you may be able to correct the problem yourself without professional assistance. If your dishwasher will not drain, here are some things you can try:
• Run the disposal. A full disposal or an air gap in a connecting hose may prevent water from properly draining out of the machine.
• Check the bottom of the dishwasher to make sure that an item or pieces of food haven’t fallen from the rack to block the water flow.
• Make sure you’re loading the dishwasher correctly. Read the manufacturers’ instructions or owner’s manual for tips and directions on how to load dishes for best results.
• You may have a clogged filter. Many homeowners don’t realize that dishwasher filters need to be cleaned regularly. Check your owner’s manual to see where the filter is located on your dishwasher, and for instructions on how and when to clean it. For many dishwashers, the filter can be found on the inside bottom of the appliance.
• Check the drain hose connecting to the sink and garbage disposal. Straighten any kinks that you may see which could be causing the problem. Blow through the hose or poke a wire hanger through to check for clogs. Make sure the hose seal is tight.
• Inspect the drain valve found on the valve bracket, often located at the bottom of the machine. Push on the valve to make sure it moves freely and isn’t frozen.
• Look at the drain basket, usually found on the bottom or the side of the appliance, to see if it’s been clogged by food particles or detergent. Wash out the basket to clear any debris.
• Listen to your machine while it’s running. If the machine doesn’t make the usual operating sounds, particularly if it’s making a humming or clicking noise, the drain pump and motor may need replacing. Read more…
The Benefits Of Drain Cleaning And Maintenance
The benefit of drain cleaning is that they will drain more quickly than before. Water will not “stand” in the drain and only slowly gurgle its way down the pipe. By cleaning your drains, your sinks, and other water fixtures will be less likely to overflow or develop standing water. Call (713) 812-7070 us for your home service and repair needs.
For more related articles and info visit https://www.abacusplumbing.net/category/plumbing/