Home Electrical Inspection In Houston
An electrical inspection refers to the thorough checkup of the electrical connections and wiring installed in your home.Electrical inspection is a must for every household to ensure the safety and security of the habitats.Knowing what to expect beforehand can be one of the best ways of dealing with electrical inspection.
The installation of electrical wiring and devices is crucial. After having new wiring or other electric work done, it is extremely important to make sure an inspection is performed.
Electrical Inspection is a must and summertime brings a lot of changes to the daily routine. The kids are running in and out of the house. You try to tackle some difficult home improvement projects. And there’s a lot of different entertainment devices and HVAC appliances getting plugged in and used more often than usual.
We have a few special tips for electrical safety during the summer. The big takeaways for you and the kids: don’t use electronics near water, and make sure your appliances and outlets are in good working order!
Electrical Safety in Summer Weather
Here are some specific reminders for electrical safety on hot days and summer projects around the house:
- Fans and portable air conditioners: If you like to plug in multiple small appliances like desk fans to help cool down, be careful not to overload a circuit. If a breaker trips, try plugging the appliance into a different outlet.
- Old extension cords and power strips: Are you plugging in those fans or maybe a new video game console for the kids, and you get to the point where you need extension cords or power strips? You should really buy new ones every few years. Better yet, ask an electrician to install an extra outlet or two. You don’t want extension cords causing a tripping hazard or numerous power strips causing an overloaded circuit.
- Gardening and power tools: For those summer landscaping projects, be careful with corded power tools. Keep them away from water and make sure the plugs and outlets are in good shape — get electrical repairs if you find loose connections or corrosion.
Keep Kids Safe Around Electricity
Explain to your kids in simple terms that electricity and water are dangerous together. And like those old cartoons would say, play it safe around power lines!
Most importantly, kids should be careful with electrical devices when enjoying the swimming pool or toys like Slip’N Slide. Make sure you kids and their friends know:
- Don’t use phones or electronics in a swimming pool
- Dry off after swimming before touching any electrical cords or outlets
- Ask an adult for help using any kind of pool equipment
- Don’t dig near utility lines or play on light poles. Read more…
The Importance Of Electrical Safety Inspection
An electrical inspection should be performed by someone who has the competency to complete electrical safety checks. This is vital as the electrical safety check ensures the person has been appropriately trained on issues to be aware of and how to fix any problems that are found. Call us at 713-766-3605 for your home service and repair needs.