LED Lights Installation For Houston Homeowners
LED is a highly energy efficient lighting technology and has the potential to fundamentally change the future of lighting in the United States. One of the most notable benefits of LED lights is their long service life. The expected service life for most LED lights is up to 11 years of continuous use. On average, you will be able to use your LED lights for eight hours a day without changing the globe for up to 20 years. Additionally, LEDs won’t dim over time like many other lighting options.
The long service life of LED lights allows you to spend less time changing those hard-to-reach globes in your home. For instance, many homeowners use LED light globes for recessed lighting on high ceilings in living rooms.
Do you want to reduce your energy costs? For most people, their electric bill is under constant scrutiny, and lighting is something you can have a great deal of control over, and control how much energy you use. Most people are aware that it’s more cost efficient to move away from using incandescent bulbs, but some of the compact fluorescent bulbs on the market are expensive and lacking the same warmth as incandescent bulbs. A newer arrival on the scene are LED (Light Emitting Diode) bulbs for the home and outdoor use.
You may think of LEDs as those red lights that make up a ticker type of sign, or are the small but powerful lights in pocket flashlights, but LED lights are a bright spot in lighting choices for your home and yard.
6 Benefits of Using LED Lights
1. Produces more light per watt than incandescent bulbs and fluorescents, and do not generate heat. Both of these qualities save electricity in terms of lighting costs and in cooling a room that may get overheated due to incandescent bulbs.
2. Are difficult to break or damage compared to fluorescent and incandescent bulbs.
3. Have a longer useful lifespan (estimated 60,000 hours) compared to fluorescent tubes (around 30,000 hours) and incandescents (a mere 1,000 to 2,000 hours). With a quality LED light, you may have up to 17 years or more of use.
4. LEDs dim as they start to burn out, which is preferable particularly in safety situations (garages, basement stairs, etc.) than a CFL (compact fluorescent light) or incandescent, where you only know it’s not working when you turn on the light and the bulb doesn’t illuminate.
5. LEDs light up very quickly.
6. LEDs do not contain mercury, unlike compact fluorescent lamps.
The only drawback might be the upfront costs of LED lighting, which are more expensive than more conventional lighting technologies. However, what you save in lower energy bills and less frequent replacement will have you recouping your costs usually within a year. Read more…
The Advantage Of Using LED Lights
The advantage to using LED lights in your home is their energy efficiency. Homeowners often save money on their electric bills after they switch to LED lights. In fact, LED lights consume nearly 80% less electricity than traditional light globes. Call us (713) 812-7070 for your home service and repair needs.
For more related articles and info visit http://www.berkeys.com/category/electrical/