How Does Home Rewiring Safety For You

Posted on: December 9, 2016
By: Alan O'Neill
Posted in: Electrician

Home Rewiring in Houston Homeowners

Home RewiringHome rewiring is the process whereby old, hazardous or non-compliant electrical equipment such as cables, distribution boards, fittings, are replaced for better performance. There are several ways available through which you can make improvements to your home, and one of such is to have your home completely rewired. Whether your home is new or an old house, rewiring will provide a massive improvement both in function and safety.

Regardless of any method, you used in rewiring your house, you can feel re-assured that the wiring in your home is new, clean and safe and will also meet your demands on it.And the benefits of completely having your house rewired cannot be overlooked.

Home Rewiring For Your Safety

Faulty electrical wiring does not only cause fires but could also result in electrocution if you touch an exposed wire. When unconcealed wires come into contact with combustible materials, they can easily cause fatal fires. You can prevent many deaths caused by faulty electrical wiring by learning some signs of faulty electrical wiring. The main signs include:

  • Dimming lights

    Keep an eye out for dimming, flickering or buzzing lights because they call for an immediate professional upgrade. If you notice that your lights keep flickering or dimming whenever you turn them on, that’s a sign of damaged wiring. The same case applies to when they dim as you turn on different appliances, especially those that consume a lot of power.

    Dimming may be normal, but it should not happen often because that would mean you have an overloaded circuit. A properly wired system and one whose circuit isn’t overloaded rarely sees the lights flicker or dim. You therefore shouldn’t wait for your circuit breaker to trip to seek the assistance of an expert.
  • Buzzing switches and outlets

    If an electrical switch or outlet makes some funny noise, it could be a sign that there is loose wiring in the electrical box. You should have the outlet, or the switch replaced as soon as possible to prevent damage. The outlet or switch could become discolored or charred in the case of faulty wiring.

    Apart from the electrical box, there could be faulty wiring in the circuit, in most cases near the light switch or outlet. The result of defective wiring is short circuits which cause the switch to make small and short-lived fire, making the switch or outlet to discolor or char as the heat builds up.
  • Burning stench

    Whenever you sense an electrical problem in your home, use your nose to sniff for any burning or smoke odors. As an electrical fire starts, it has a similar smell to that of a burn, as the short circuit causes a little fire.

    However, electrical fires are different since they catch different surrounding materials. An electrical burn has an acrid smell, and it’s a sign that fire damage has already started. The most convenient way to prevent severe damages is calling in an electrical professional immediately.
  • Switches or outlets that shock

    A shocking outlet or switch is a good indicator that something is wrong. It could mean that an individual wire in the circuit is shorting out to a conduit that encloses a bunch of wires. A device plugged into an outlet could be the cause of shocks, the plug, or even the outlet itself. The other possible cause is a wire that is not insulated or has lost insulation. Read full article here…

The Benefits Of Home Rewiring

The benefits are surprising when many homes were built, they were built without modern appliances and Computers Upgrading your current installation, through rewiring will provide additional circuits to power these appliances and provide a safety and protection for your home and your appliances. Also, this process can add additional sockets which may not have been installed when your home was cabled. Call us 713-766-3605 for your home service and repair needs. 

You Can Count On Us

Call Today
For Service