The month of March is Abacus Plumbing’s “Go Green” month in recognition of St. Patrick’s Day.
Going green doesn’t have to cost you tons of green!
Consider your daily usage of water. Although it’s difficult to eliminate daily water usage, you can certainly reduce your daily consumption. Make it a family priority to find ways to save.
- Take showers and not baths. Reduce shower times.
- Only run the dishwasher when full. Surprisingly, it is more energy efficient to run the dishwasher than washing dishes by hand.
- When washing clothes, run large loads of laundry using only cold water. Most new detergents will clean just as efficiently in colder water temps.
- Purchase energy efficient appliances that use water (e.g., dishwasher, washing machine)
- Water your lawn in the evening. Water evaporates in the summer sunshine.
- Landscape with shrubbery and plants that don’t require a great deal of care, maintenance, and moisture.
- Choose a tankless water heater when it comes time for water heater replacement.
- Choose faucets that assist with water conservation.
- Become an Abacus Club member and prevent costly leaks with an annual plumbing system inspection.
Contact us at 832-554-9951 to learn about the products we provide that can help you conserve water and save money.