Simple Bathroom Remodeling In Houston Increases Home Values
Remodeling your home to improve it’s function or market value doesn’t have to break the bank. And, upgrading the most frequently used spaces can improve the entire feel of the house. The trick is to identify the problems and find the most cost-effective solution. Home Improvement Pages recently published an article including ideas to make those bath room remodeling upgrades count and done efficiently.
According to the article, “with a little DIY elbow grease and the help of the right trade professionals, you will probably find that you don’t have to wait until you win the lottery to turn your home into your castle again.” or simply modernize your bathroom or kitchen. One of the reasons people procrastinate bathroom remodeling is because they are worried about the cost, these tips can help save you money.
Houston Bathroom Renovation Cost Can Be Kept Low With The Right Plumbing Upgrades Planned In Advance
Budget Reno Tip 1: Paint
We’ll start with paint because there is no cheaper and more effective way to renovate than with paint. Just repainting the walls the same colour will freshen the rooms up, but that’s not renovating with paint. If you want to make real home improvements with paint, consider some of these possibilities before you head off to your paint supplier:
- Top interior designers recommend choosing colours according to the mood you want to create. Blue and green are soothing colours, while those in the yellow-red spectrum are psychologically uplifting.
- Choose a predominant existing colour in your room (such as your floors) and choose wall colours to complement them.
- Turn a bland wall into a feature wall with a contrasting paint colour or wallpaper.
- For functional fun in children’s rooms, paint part of a wall or the inside of the bedroom door with blackboard paint.
Budget Reno Tip 2: A New Bathroom on a Budget
If your bathroom needs renovating, but you’re on a tight budget, these inexpensive bathroom makeovers may be all you need:
- If your bathtub and vanity sink are scratched, faded, stained or scratched, don’t despair – repair. Call a local bath & basin resurfacing expert and make them look like new again for a fraction of the cost.
- Replace your old shower screen with a modern frameless shower screen to modernise the room and make it appear much larger.
- Simple and inexpensive bathroom accessories like heated towel racks, a new anti-fog vanity mirror and a new shower head can make the bathroom feel so much more luxurious.
Budget Reno Tip 3: Budget Kitchen Renovations
Kitchen renovations can be real budget-busters, but they don’t need to be. Consider these budget kitchen reno ideas:
- Reface your kitchen with new door fronts, drawer fronts and exposed panels. A good kitchen renovation company will be happy to supply you with what you need and you can probably install them yourself.
- If your kitchen really needs replacing, look into DIY flat pack kitchens. They are easy to assemble, easy to install and much cheaper than custom kitchens. Flat pack kitchens offer high quality materials and fittings, so you needn’t sacrifice quality to save money.
- Add a new splashback to go with your newly refaced kitchen and give the kitchen a whole new designer look on a budget.
Budget Reno Tip 4: A Budget Home Office that Works
If you work from home or catch up on work in the evening or on weekends, you need a space you can call your own and focus on your work without distraction. Is it worth it, though, to add on an expensive extension to your home or is there a cheaper way? If you’re renovating on a tight budget, join the growing number of Australians who are dedicating space to a pocket office. All you need to create a pocket office is a designated work space and a little privacy.
If you need more space than a pocket office affords or need a private space for working with clients, look into the products offered by pre-fabricated shed suppliers. Today’s sheds aren’t what they used to be and you can have them fitted out to be as stylish and comfortable as you like.
Budget Reno Tip 5: Get Some Help in Your Garden
Nothing enhances a home’s appearance and value more than a beautiful, healthy garden. Most of the time, gardening can be a DIY project, but if yours looks like it could use a little TLC, hire an expert garden maintenance person to give you a hand until it’s back in shape again. For a more radical, yet still cost-effective garden makeover, hire a garden designer and turn your garden into a magical wonderland.
Before you finalize your garden design, think about ways you can get even more pleasure and value out of your garden and your home by bringing the outdoors in with new window treatments and doors. For example:
Replace your bedroom window with French doors and style a private garden for your personal enjoyment.
Replace your sliding glass patio doors with wider opening folding doors.
A new patio can be as good as a new room and is a lot cheaper. If you already have a patio, look into the new types of patio screens, windows and doors that are available. You’ll be amazed by how much more you will enjoy your patio when it’s protected from insects and the elements.
The Right Bathroom Fixtures And The Right Houston Plumbing Contractor Can Make The Project Much Easier
Call Abacus Plumbing, Air Conditioning & Electrical at (713) 812-7070 today. We can help you complete all of your home improvements and upgrades to plumbing during a bathroom remodeling project a breeze and as soon as possible.
For more articles that will be helpful in your home improvement projects visit our blog at https://www.abacusplumbing.net/alans-blog/
About Abacus Plumbing, Air Conditioning & Electrical:
Abacus Plumbing, Air Conditioning & Electrical is a full service residential contractor that has been serving the greater Houston area for over 50 years. Abacus is a member of the Greater Houston Chamber of Commerce and has an A+ rating on the Better Business Bureau of Houston. Abacus is licensed and insured and offers 24/7 emergency service. To learn more about Abacus Air Conditioning, Plumbing & Electrical, visit www.abacusplumbing.net or call 713-766-3605. License Numbers: ALAN O'NEILL M-20628 | TACLB82488E | TECL 39119
Abacus Plumbing, Air Conditioning & Electrical services the greater DFW area including, but not limited to: Houston, Humble, Baytown, Bellaire, Conroe, Katy, Spring, Sugar Land, The Woodlands and more. Check out Abacus Plumbing, Air Conditioning & Electrical reviews or see Abacus A+ BBB to confirm Abacus is a company you can trust.