Don’t Settle For Just Any Company For Repairs
When your home has been damaged, especially your HVAC, electrical or plumbing systems, the repairs must made correctly. Faulty repairs result in further damage. Leaks cause mold growth and discolored and soggy sheetrock and flooring, while electrical damage may cause fires. All of the additional damage will have to be repaired, too. If these problems aren’t addressed appropriately, they can become overwhelming. To prevent the inconvenience and cost of badly made repairs, finding the right home repair company is vital to your piece of mind.
When you look for the right home service company), there are a number of things homeowners should consider:
- Search for reviews and referrals. Good repair companies are part of your local community. Local companies have extensive work histories in your area. They also know local code regulations and have a good standing in the community. Customer review websites are a good place to start, but friends, neighbors and family members may be more honest or detailed about their experience. And, you can ask them questions. The Better Business Bureau and similar ratings are also valuable. Companies that have a good score with the BBB have fulfilled the accreditation requirements (business history, insurance, licensing, etc.). The BBB rating is also based on the integrity and community standing of the company.
- Make sure to ask about and fully understand the company’s and manufacturer’s warranties and policies. Not all manufacturers offer warranties that include coverage of the contractor’s workmanship. If a contractor fails to make the repairs correctly, it may take some time for any damage to appear. Usually, insurance companies won’t pay for it. If the contractor won’t fix it, your only option is to pay to have the repairs made again.
- Get several estimates. The companies should provide detailed repair estimates, so you can compare the total; cost as well as the scope of work that each company recommends. You should feel comfortable making your own decisions about the repairs and not feel pressured into additional repairs.
- Ask for proof of insurance and licenses. Safety is essential. Any reputable service company should easily provide proof of insurance and certification certificates. If someone gets hurt while working on your home, you could be held partially responsible.
- If your repairs require that you file a claim with your insurance company, you should work directly with your insurance company to ensure the claim is handled properly. Don’t trust the repair company to do it. If the contractor says that they can handle the repair without having you pay your insurance deductible, they are likely committing insurance fraud.
Your piece of mind should be the priority of any home service company. You should feel confident that the company you choose is dependable, reliable and professional before you sign the contract. If you don’t feel comfortable hiring the company and having them in your home, keep looking.
Abacus Plumbing, Air Conditioning & Electrical is a full service residential contractor that has been serving the greater Houston area for over 50 years. Abacus is a member of the Greater Houston Chamber of Commerce and has an A+ rating on the Better Business Bureau of Houston. Abacus is licensed and insured and offers 24/7 emergency service. To learn more about Abacus Air Conditioning, Plumbing & Electrical, visit www.abacusplumbing.net or call 713-766-3605. License Numbers: ALAN O'NEILL M-20628 | TACLB82488E | TECL 39119
Abacus Plumbing, Air Conditioning & Electrical services the greater DFW area including, but not limited to: Houston, Humble, Baytown, Bellaire, Conroe, Katy, Spring, Sugar Land, The Woodlands and more. Check out Abacus Plumbing, Air Conditioning & Electrical reviews or see Abacus A+ BBB to confirm Abacus is a company you can trust.