Call Abacus Now to Schedule an In-Home Estimate for Repairing or Replacing your Tankless Water Heater in Houston – 281-668-6276
There are many reasons for choosing a tankless water heater, but typically homeowners are citing these reasons most frequently.
- Endless Hot Water: Never run out of hot water. No matter how much you and your family shower and run the dishwasher or the washing machine you’ll always have plenty of hot water. A tankless water heater will provide fast, on-demand hot water when you want it. A conventional water heater has a tank, which restricts how much hot water that it can dispense before it has to heat more water. However, A tankless system may slightly can delay the time it takes to get hot water. Normally, we recommend a circulation pump with a tankless water heater to keep warm water running in the pipes.
- Lower Utility Bills: You will save on energy bills, (tankless water heaters use 10 – 20% less energy). A tankless water heater only heats water when it’s needed and as it’s needed. The Department of Energy estimates that the average daily hot-water use for gas water heaters is 44 gallons per day. The typical family of four can save an average $175 annually in energy costs by using a tankless water heater instead of a conventional model.
- Space Savings: Tankless water heaters have been used widely overseas, where smaller houses can’t hold a conventional model’s bulky storage tank. Manufacturers tell us that models that are fueled by natural gas or propane now are more efficient than ever before. Tankless water heaters are smaller and compact than conventional tank water heaters. So, they take up a lot less room in your home. Tankless units hang right on the wall out of the way…sometimes even in the attic, giving your family more room to live. Also there are external models so we can place the unit outdoors and not in the house at all.
- Longer Lasting: Your tankless unit will last longer than a traditional tank water heater with fewer repairs. In fact, tankless water heaters can last up to 25 years or more, while a traditional tank lifespan is about 10 to 12 years.
- Cleaner Water: With a tankless water heater, water is heated as it passes through the unit so you will always be using a fresh supply of water. As years pass by, traditional tank water heaters can start to rust and build-up scale inside the tank, which is where your hot water is being stored for use. To prolong the life of your tank water heater, the tank must be drained and the sediment removed.
- Handles High Volumes: Tankless water heaters can handle the demands of any size household, no matter how large. This means if you require multiple units, you can add as many as you need and still enjoy all the energy saving benefits and on-demand hot water benefits of tankless technology. To determine the size of a tankless water heater that meets your needs, you must know the flow rate for the hot-water plumbing fixtures and appliances that you plan to use simultaneously. For example, to supply hot water to a kitchen faucet that uses 1 gpm and a bathroom showerhead that uses 2.5 gpm, the flow rate for the tankless water heater must be at least 3.5 gpm—at the temperature rise that you need to heat the incoming ground water. Unless you live alone, a good rule of thumb is to have a model that produces at least 7.5 gpm. This will enable the simultaneous use of two showers, or a shower and a dishwasher.
We recommend Navien Tankless water heater systems. High-efficiency tank type water heaters are available as well.
Navien is one of the fastest growing companies for home comfort systems in North America by providing condensing tankless gas water heaters and condensing combi boilers. Navien products use state-of-the-art technology, high efficiency and have high reliable quality. Navien has achieved international recognition for its sophisticated engineering and robust designs. Backed by more than thirty years of experience with advanced water heating technology, The Navien mission is to provide high quality products that are beneficial to both customers and the environment.
Navien Tankless Water Heaters
On a tankless water heater, condensation is created inside the condensing heat exchanger (secondary heat exchanger) from the incoming cold water cooling the warmer air inside the unit. The condensation would normally escape through the vents in a conventional tankless water heater. Navien’s state-of-the-art, stainless-steel condensing heat exchanger traps this condensation and uses it, making the whole water heating process more efficient. By using this condensation and making the process more efficient, homeowners can save money on the energy costs.
Schedule an appointment to learn if a tankless water heater is right for you.
Abacus Plumbing, Air Conditioning & Electrical is a full service residential contractor that has been serving the greater Houston area for over 50 years. Abacus is a member of the Greater Houston Chamber of Commerce and has an A+ rating on the Better Business Bureau of Houston. Abacus is licensed and insured and offers 24/7 emergency service. To learn more about Abacus Air Conditioning, Plumbing & Electrical, visit www.abacusplumbing.net or call 713-766-3605. License Numbers: ALAN O'NEILL M-20628 | TACLB82488E | TECL 30557
Abacus Plumbing, Air Conditioning & Electrical services the greater DFW area including, but not limited to: Houston, Humble, Baytown, Bellaire, Conroe, Katy, Spring, Sugar Land, The Woodlands and more. Check out Abacus Plumbing, Air Conditioning & Electrical reviews or see Abacus A+ BBB to confirm Abacus is a company you can trust.